The staff here at Great Bridge United Methodist Church exists to lead the ministries and operations of the church in order to accomplish our mission: "To be disciples of Jesus Christ, for the transformation of the world, so that no one misses out on the grace of God."
Director of Children's Ministries:
Great Bridge United Methodist Church is a growing and kingdom-minded church seeking to hire a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries to join our team and oversee all ministry and programming for children ages nursery – 5th grades, including but not limited to: Sunday Mornings (Nursery Care, Sunday School Children’s Worship and Children’s Church; Wednesday Night Ignite, VBS Programming (Typically in July), and Special events (Monthly Family Fun Nights, Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Eve Family Service, etc.).
· Provide a Biblically sound program that is attractive to both children and parents.
· Create a fun, warm, welcoming, and safe environment where children can learn about Jesus.
· Serve as a resource for parents, equipping them to become the primary spiritual influence in their homes.
· Intentionally seek to offer a program that is relevant to current needs of families and children at GBUMC.
· In conjunction with the Children’s Ministry Team, choose the best curriculum for each program and each age level.
· Demonstrate the ability to communicate Christian faith clearly, as to establish a firm foundation of Faith in Jesus Christ.
· Recruit, equip, and shepherd volunteers effectively.
· Adhere to safety and security policies as related to children as established by the church guidelines.
· Meet regularly with the Children’s Ministry Team to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
· Communicate with other ministry staff regarding programs, needs, support, and calendar coordination.
· Understand, abide and support the Vision of GBUMC.
· Pray for the children and children’s ministry workers.
· Meet and work effectively with your children’s ministry volunteers.
· Prepare and monitor children’s budget.
· Be available to counsel and pray with children and with their parents.
· Assist in Sunday morning worship service, including leading the children’s time at our Traditional Services, sharing ministry highlights and special announcements, such that do not conflict with Sunday morning responsibilities.
· Attend weekly staff meetings.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org